Serve your clients with what you know by creating on online course.
One of my core beliefs is that everyone has something special to share and teach. Knowing how to create courses is the key to unlocking the ability to share your purpose with the people who most need you.
Because I love learning so much, and because I want people to share what they know with the world, I created a course for coaches, creatives and solopreneurs who want to create their own beautiful course.
I made a lot of mistakes with my first few courses. Mainly there wasn’t an intangible outcome, I priced it too high for my reach, included everything and the kitchen sink…however, creating my first course led to creating another and once I got past the tech obstacles, something amazing occurred. I started earning revenue at something that was fun and helped others.
If you’re at the stage as a coach or creative solopreneur in which you want to develop your message but aren’t sure what exactly you want to teach, this course will help you figure out course topics, and content. Learn to put your ideas or an area of expertise into an online course that represents your brand, and that your ideal client loves, and will deepen your message an online platform.
As a coach, I figured out that I needed to scale the way I created and delivered courses in a way that made sense for a business my size. And I know there are other coaches and creatives out there like me who are probably thinking that their list is not nearly big enough to sell a course. But what most solopreneurs don’t realize is that your course can be offered again and again, or used to leverage another offer.
People who have taken my courses in the past know that design matters to me. I see it as a big part of the value of the experience.
If you want to attract your ideal client with beautiful design:
In addition to design basics, I teach you how to communicate your brand values with design. You’ll learn how images, graphics and text areas work together for a wonderful client experience.
If you want a step by step system for creating an online course:
There are many different ways to build a course, with different kinds of media. Learn how I put together video, audio and printables for maximum impact.
If you feel overwhelmed by all of the moving parts of course creating:
All of the steps that go into course creation can be overwhelming. I show you my system for putting together my courses so you don’t have to figure everything out on your own.
This course is specifically designed for people who run their own small coaching or creative business and are at the stage where they want to add-on offering that serve their ideal clients.
Does your life coaching client need therapy instead of coaching?
One of the things I see happen to new life coaches is getting in over their head with a client’s emotional needs because they actually need therapy instead of coaching.
In the latest episode my YouTube video series called Coach Craft I share the signs to look for even if you are a seasoned life coach. Part of being a great life coach is knowing at which stage of wellness your client is, and when working with a licensed therapist will fast track her growth. We never want to get into the position in which we are working outside our training.
Helping your client get what she most needs is easier when you understand what to look for.
There are concrete signs in which you will know immediately if your client needs therapy.
Some of the signs to look for to guide her to a therapist:
- Is your client struggling with depression?
- Is she caught in the narrative of her past and unable to move forward?
- Does she have extremely negative self talk?
If someone is on their well-being journey and taking steps to follow their purposeful path, there is a a good chance that they have already worked with a therapist. Knowing how to serve her in that transitional space from therapy to coaching is so helpful.
Key signs that your client is ready for coaching are:
- She is experiencing overwhelm from all of her ideas and things she wants to accomplish.
- She is feeling stuck an unsure about how to continue on her life path.
- She understands where her behavioral patterns come from, but unsure how to take action.
- She needs support manifesting an idea or project.
Watch the video to learn more:
These are just a few of the ways to tell if your client needs life coaching or therapy. To learn more about how to become the best coach you can be and to get great results for your clients, subscribe to my YouTube Channel and watch my Coach Craft series for life coaches and wellness practitioners.
Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is a common, yet often overlooked tool that life coaches can use to help clients identify their desires.
Maslow’s pyramid is a helpful visual to use so clients understand need fulfillment.
Assessing self-fulfillment needs is an essential part of growth, and the lifelong pursuit of higher purpose.
- How much water do you drink?
- What is your diet like?
- How much sleep do you get every night?
- Is your home safe?
- Do you have quiet space?
- Is your home a place you like to be?
- Describe a loving, nurturing relationship in your life? How do they support you?
- Where do you find your deepest sense of belonging?
- Who do you GIVE love and support to the most in your life?
- What have you achieved that you are proud of?
- What is something that you have worked for?
- Describe something you achieved that you were recognized for?
- Describe what you would like to be valued for?
- Describe what you think your highest potential is?
- What MUST you achieve in life to feel like you lived your life well?
- Describe how you/your work might fit into the fabric of mankind?
- What is your legacy for the next generations?
Use these questions with your client to help determine which area of her fulfillment needs to tackle first.
I believe all processes hold magic.
Dynamic results come from blending modern magic with pragmatism.
As a daughter of science, I always look for the practical elements of every process. As a coach who channels the divine from my clients, I believe we need both magic and practicality to inspire powerful emotional alchemy.
As an artist, I know that magic serves a necessary purpose. Color evokes emotion, insight and inspiration. I see that magic is a tool that gives us deeper insights to the shadows of our psyche, and as a coach I now see practical magic as the modern tools of awakening to our soul’s desire.
6 Elements of Practical Magic
Intuition is the act of developing your relationship to receiving information through your senses, and learning to trust that information.
Everyone can learn to engage and trust their senses. We all know that when we talk ourselves out of trusting our sensory data we run into trouble. Sensory data is not vague. We experience the world through engaging our senses. Practicing sensation is another form of mindfulness, and coming into the present moment. Consciously engaging in the experience of our senses can magically transform every situation.
- Creating something of beauty is an act of love, pleasure and gratitude to myself and hopefully others.
- The act of creating something impermanent is a wonderful reminder to be here now, fully accepting the life cycle and embracing change.
- I celebrate the notion of “so within so without” and the manifestation of this concept in a circle of flowers that symbolizes and reflects cultivating inner peace in a physical expression.
- Allows processing of difficult emotions.
- Reveals hidden or taboo insights.
- Establishes a practice that embraces and balances negative self talk.
- Allows confusing thoughts or feelings a method of entanglement.
- Increases feelings of positive self worth.
- Promotes creative expression.
- Allows the confusion of too many thoughts and ideas in your head to have a place to go, therefore making brain space for new thoughts and ideas.
Modern practical magic obviously borrows from so many deep traditions. There’s a reason these forms of magic have been around so long. Use them in your life or in your coaching and you’ll be amazed at the results!
If you would have told me a year ago that I would be hosting an online course about sex I would have thought you’d have eaten the crazy pills. But it all makes perfect sense now because I am teaming up with NY Times bestselling erotica author Eden Bradley.
It was during a kitchen table moment when we were talking about how mental sex is for most women, and how sex is one of those things that we tend to not really talk about. My life coach brain kicked in and let’s just say… I had some questions. I asked her what having a fulfilling sex life meant, and did she have one? Her insights about female sexuality and empowerment were so mind blowing and inspiring, that I knew we had to share it.
One thing that became clear as I started sharing about the course on social media, is that EVERYONE has an opinion about female sexuality. Especially women.
And guess what? There was a HUGE spectrum of our thoughts and feelings about female sexuality and our own individual sexuality. I was really surprised! And delighted.
There was an especially wide range of opinions on how female sexuality should be presented visually. Some women liked coquettish images, others found those same images insulting. Some women liked gritty images, others found them to be a bit dull.
My big takeaway? Just talking about female sexuality is empowering.
Talking with Eden was enlightening on so many levels. I had no idea there were so many different kinds of orgasm! Also, who knew toys were such a big deal? But really what fascinated me was that as women, we struggle to identify what turns us on, and how to ask for it.
Our goal with this course was to create a fun, safe and informative space for women to explore their thoughts about their own sexuality, gets some questions answered from a legit sex expert who has made understanding what turns women to an art form.
You can sign up to here to learn more about the course, and when registration starts.