Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is a common, yet often overlooked tool that life coaches can use to help clients identify their desires.
Maslow’s pyramid is a helpful visual to use so clients understand need fulfillment.
Assessing self-fulfillment needs is an essential part of growth, and the lifelong pursuit of higher purpose.
- How much water do you drink?
- What is your diet like?
- How much sleep do you get every night?
- Is your home safe?
- Do you have quiet space?
- Is your home a place you like to be?
- Describe a loving, nurturing relationship in your life? How do they support you?
- Where do you find your deepest sense of belonging?
- Who do you GIVE love and support to the most in your life?
- What have you achieved that you are proud of?
- What is something that you have worked for?
- Describe something you achieved that you were recognized for?
- Describe what you would like to be valued for?
- Describe what you think your highest potential is?
- What MUST you achieve in life to feel like you lived your life well?
- Describe how you/your work might fit into the fabric of mankind?
- What is your legacy for the next generations?
Use these questions with your client to help determine which area of her fulfillment needs to tackle first.
I believe all processes hold magic.
Dynamic results come from blending modern magic with pragmatism.
As a daughter of science, I always look for the practical elements of every process. As a coach who channels the divine from my clients, I believe we need both magic and practicality to inspire powerful emotional alchemy.
As an artist, I know that magic serves a necessary purpose. Color evokes emotion, insight and inspiration. I see that magic is a tool that gives us deeper insights to the shadows of our psyche, and as a coach I now see practical magic as the modern tools of awakening to our soul’s desire.
6 Elements of Practical Magic
Intuition is the act of developing your relationship to receiving information through your senses, and learning to trust that information.
Everyone can learn to engage and trust their senses. We all know that when we talk ourselves out of trusting our sensory data we run into trouble. Sensory data is not vague. We experience the world through engaging our senses. Practicing sensation is another form of mindfulness, and coming into the present moment. Consciously engaging in the experience of our senses can magically transform every situation.
- Creating something of beauty is an act of love, pleasure and gratitude to myself and hopefully others.
- The act of creating something impermanent is a wonderful reminder to be here now, fully accepting the life cycle and embracing change.
- I celebrate the notion of “so within so without” and the manifestation of this concept in a circle of flowers that symbolizes and reflects cultivating inner peace in a physical expression.
- Allows processing of difficult emotions.
- Reveals hidden or taboo insights.
- Establishes a practice that embraces and balances negative self talk.
- Allows confusing thoughts or feelings a method of entanglement.
- Increases feelings of positive self worth.
- Promotes creative expression.
- Allows the confusion of too many thoughts and ideas in your head to have a place to go, therefore making brain space for new thoughts and ideas.
Modern practical magic obviously borrows from so many deep traditions. There’s a reason these forms of magic have been around so long. Use them in your life or in your coaching and you’ll be amazed at the results!
If you would have told me a year ago that I would be hosting an online course about sex I would have thought you’d have eaten the crazy pills. But it all makes perfect sense now because I am teaming up with NY Times bestselling erotica author Eden Bradley.
It was during a kitchen table moment when we were talking about how mental sex is for most women, and how sex is one of those things that we tend to not really talk about. My life coach brain kicked in and let’s just say… I had some questions. I asked her what having a fulfilling sex life meant, and did she have one? Her insights about female sexuality and empowerment were so mind blowing and inspiring, that I knew we had to share it.
One thing that became clear as I started sharing about the course on social media, is that EVERYONE has an opinion about female sexuality. Especially women.
And guess what? There was a HUGE spectrum of our thoughts and feelings about female sexuality and our own individual sexuality. I was really surprised! And delighted.
There was an especially wide range of opinions on how female sexuality should be presented visually. Some women liked coquettish images, others found those same images insulting. Some women liked gritty images, others found them to be a bit dull.
My big takeaway? Just talking about female sexuality is empowering.
Talking with Eden was enlightening on so many levels. I had no idea there were so many different kinds of orgasm! Also, who knew toys were such a big deal? But really what fascinated me was that as women, we struggle to identify what turns us on, and how to ask for it.
Our goal with this course was to create a fun, safe and informative space for women to explore their thoughts about their own sexuality, gets some questions answered from a legit sex expert who has made understanding what turns women to an art form.
You can sign up to here to learn more about the course, and when registration starts.
How do you know which of your passions will make up your territory and which ones to incorporate in your purposeful work? In other words, Which of your talents and skills should you use to become masterful at something you care about?
This can be devastating problem for multi passionate people because we risk squandering our purpose by watering it down with too many options.
- we love to learn
- we have lots of ideas
- we love beauty
- we see inspiration everywhere
- we’re easily distracted
- often frozen with overwhelm
- we aren’t great at implementation and follow through.
We see the possibility, beauty and potential in everything.
If figuring out how all of your passion could come together to form one wonderful area of focus is your problem like it has always been mine, then I hope this video training give you a little clarity and helps you take action.